Problems updating from Starfish Reviews 1.x to 2.x
Some people are having problems updating from from Starfish Reviews 1.x to 2.x. This is partly due to how much code we changed. Our apologies for any troubles this may have caused you. Here's how to identify it and fix it.
After updating people are seeing these problems after updating to version 2.x:
- Starfish Reviews > Reports section not showing.
- Premium license reverted to "FREE" under Starfish Reviews > Account.
- Funnels displaying a notice about upgrading to a premium license instead of the funnel.
- Items above happening even after re-activating premium license.
How to Fix It
- Go to Starfish Reviews > Settings. Make sure that the checkbox next to "Clean On Deactivation" is NOT checked. If it is checked, you will loose all your Starfish Reviews settings and data when completing the steps below.
- Download the latest version of Starfish Reviews premium from the downloads page in My Account.
- Go to Plugins in your WordPress Admin and deactivate any Starfish Reviews plugins (free or premium) there.
- Delete any deactivated Starfish Reviews plugins (free or premium).
- Now click the "Add New" button at the top of the plugins page, then "Upload Plugin."
- Click the "Select File" button and select the "starfish-reviews-premium-latest.zip" file you downloaded in step 2 above and click the "Upload" button.
- Once the upload is complete, click "Activate" to activate the plugin.
- Now go to Starfish Reviews > Account and activate your license. You should be able to just click the blue Activate button in the bottom-right corner, if Starfish Reviews previously had a premium license activated on this site.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks and save permalinks.
Check if Everything is Fixed
There are a few key things to check to ensure your site is properly upgraded:
- Is the Starfish Reviews > Reports item showing?
- Does your Funnel links work correctly (shortcodes or funnel URL)?
If the answer is yes, to both of the above, then everything is good to go! If not, please contact us for further support.