Resolving Review Import Issues: Ensuring Callback Accessibility in Starfish Reviews
Encountering difficulties while importing reviews in Starfish Reviews can be frustrating, we have found a common scenario is the inability of the scraping service to make the required callback to your website due to security plugins or firewalls restricting access to WP APIs.
This article provides a step-by-step guide to address and resolve this issue to restore the smooth importation of reviews.
Step 1: Identify the Issue
- If reviews are not importing as expected, check the error logs or notification messages in Starfish Reviews to ascertain if the issue is related to callback restrictions.
Step 2: Review Security Settings
- Navigate to your website's security plugins or firewall settings.
- Ensure that these security measures are not blocking or restricting access to WP APIs, which is crucial for the callback process required for importing reviews.
Step 3: Adjust Security Settings
- If any restrictions on WP APIs are identified, modify the settings to allow the necessary access.
- It might require adding an exception for the Starfish Reviews plugin or the callback URL in your security plugin or firewall settings.
Step 4: Test Review Import Again
- After adjusting the security settings, attempt to import reviews in Starfish Reviews once more to check if the issue has been resolved.
Step 5: Seek Professional Assistance if Necessary
- If the problem persists or you are unsure about modifying security settings, then let our support team know and we will see if we can be of further assistance.
Ensuring the accessibility of WP APIs by adjusting security settings is pivotal for resolving issues related to review import in Starfish Reviews. By following the steps outlined above, you are well on your way to reinstating the seamless functionality of review importation, maximizing the utility of Starfish Reviews for your business operations.
Modifying security settings can potentially expose your website to other risks. It is advisable to backup up your site before making changes and if necessary consult with others or the support team of your security plugin before making changes to your security settings.